Friday, December 24, 2010

For those who aren't home with us

During the four years I spent in the Navy, I was fortunate enough to be able to spend every Christmas and every Thanksgiving home with my family. However, for hundreds of thousands of troops, sailors, and airmen, they aren't able to be home with their families.

During Christmas, please take a moment to appreciate your family. Appreciate that they home with you and not in a foreign land protecting our country. Give your spouse and kids extra hugs and kisses, hug your parents and if you still have Grandparents, sit with them and listen to the stories they tell. I miss my grandparents dearly and wish I would have sat and listened more to them. When I was deployed, I wished I would have told my loved ones how much I adored them and cared for them.

And so, this Christmas, I will be overly sappy, quick to forgive, and slow to anger. For I have everything I need. Family. I have a special surprise for my loved ones this year. I will record it and share it after Christmas for everyone to see.

I wish you all a VERY Merry Christmas, a Happy safe, and prosperous new year! Lets head into 2011 Ready to Rock and Roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment