Tuesday, May 10, 2011

the Yang #military #loss

This afternoon, after spending time helping with the Special Olympics, I came home and read about a man from a town just north of me named Redding who was serving in the Military overseas in Afghanistan. This is the third soldier in our community who has lost their life.

As a Veteran, American, and Citizen of the USA, my heart cries with sadness to hear about another young life lost to the war in Iraq and Afghanistan. As I read the story about this young man, my heart broke for the mom and wife he left back home. At the same time, my heart swelled with pride as I read that he went back to Afghanistan early to be with his unit. His devotion to this country is unquestionable. The price he paid doesn't have a dollar sign attached to it.

I am attending the funeral Thursday afternoon in support of his family. In fact, as I am writing this, the local news channel just posted this on Facebook: "Want to show your support for Preston Dennis' family? We are handing out American flags for you to wave as Dennis' body is taken from McDonalds Chapel to the Vets Cemetary in Igo on Thursday. Flags are free to the first 400 who come to our station on Auditorium Dr. in Redding, Wednesday from 8-5pm. Hope to see you!"

I will be there to support the family, honor a fallen brother in arms, and show my respect for those who have paid the ultimate price for our nation. This man gave his life for every right we have today as an American. Please take a moment and say a prayer for this fallen soldier and his family.

Take a moment to thank anyone you know who is serving or has served. Take a moment to tell your family you love them. While we still have this privilege, there are those who don't. May this fallen soldier RIP and may God bring peace to their lives and hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment