Thursday, July 1, 2010

Proud to be an American

Proud American-

I have the freedom of speech and my opinion. As do those whose opinions I don't agree with. I have the right to worship any god I choose without fear of persecution. I have the right to serve my country in the armed forces; I have the right to serve my country in a public office.
I am proud to be an American because I served my country for four years defending these rights. I live in a nation where if a member of our armed forces is killed or wounded in combat, our nation fully supports their family in every way possible. I am proud to be an American because I have the right to vote.
I am proud to be an American because on days like Memorial Day and Veterans day, I can stand next to a fellow veteran and cry as we mourn the losses of those who have gone before us and give them due respect.
I am proud to be an American because in Red Bluff, I was born and raised to bleed Red White and Blue. I stand up, remove my hat, and cover my heart or stand at attention when hearing Taps or the National Anthem. I am an American because during those songs, I get choked up and silently thank God for giving me the right and privilege of being an American Citizen.
I am proud to be an American because I can and will teach my son what it means to be an American; so generations to come will know how awesome it is to live in this nation we call the United States of America.

Happy Independence Day!
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments:

Post a Comment