Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Wish I could blog about something else.

Dated August 3rd, 2009.

Honestly, Im normally a very upbeat kind of guy. I don't let things bother me often or for very long. However. one thing that always gets under my skin is bad customer service. Don't get me wrong, I've made plenty of mistakes in my career as a salesman. BUT, whenever I did, I took the proper measures to fix my mistake.

This past weekend was not the case. My wife and I found a table for our son at a local baby store. It is your typical "mom & pop" shop, and offered many second hand items. The table we wanted was purchased, and was promised to be delivered saturday evening around 6. 9:30pm rolled around, and we got a call saying they would deliver it yesterday morning by 9. We didn't even get a courtesy call saying they couldn't make it.

SO, this morning I called and told them that I didn't want the table anymore, and would be by to pick up my check. They said that their policy was all sales were final. I may be wrong, but my understanding of a complete sale was money given, and product delivered. So, if the table wasn't delivered, how then was the sale even finalized? After speaking with the store manager, she told me that they would offer a store credit (which i said no thank you) and she replied that was the only thing she was willing to do.

I said I would call her back with my decision. In the meantime, I called my bank and put a stop payment on the check, and as a courtesy to them, I called and told them I had stopped the payment. I also told them I would return the two toy trucks (worth $5) on thursday when they were open again. All I heard was a click of the phone.

So, again in this economy in a small town like mine, how can a company continue to do business like this? Is there a magic genie somewhere that is giving them money in leu of the sale they lost? Because if there is, I sure want to open a business and get some free money.

The really sad part for this place (Kids Playz) is that my wife and I had other items we wanted to purchase. But, during the initial visit, the young woman at the counter seemed perturbed at the fact we were interupting her time on myspace while she was at work. We ended up walking two blocks to another kids store, and purchased the same items that were available. again, bad customer service caused a missed sale for Kids Playz, and a great sale for the other store (Two Peas In A Pod).

Here is the information for Two Peas In A Pod in case you would like to see what they have.

Two Peas In A Pod
905 Walnut St
Red Bluff, Ca 96080
530-528-1698

Update: Two Peas In A Pod unfortunately went out of business. HOWEVER, there is a new store in town called Dandy Lions. Their shop and service is great!!! Here's how to contact them:

Location:
340 Hickory Street
Red Bluff, CA, 96080
Phone: 530-527-7755
Mon - Sat: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm

Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment